Myself and my husband and daughter are taking part in a challenge based in Framlingham, Suffolk, to only eat local food during September 2011. The group promoting the challenge Greener Fram www.greenerfram.co.uk are a local Transition Town group and are looking at ways to reduce our dependence on oil. The rules of the challenge are simple. You must only eat food grown within a 30 mile radius of your home for the 30 days of September. The exceptions to this are 3 items chosen before the challenge starts, one of mine being tea, essential!

Thursday 8 September 2011

The Barn Kitchen

The kitchen in the barn - loads of space and almost outside for the last bit of warm weather
This challenge has been made easier for me as we are having our kitchen insulated so had to move the kitchen into the barn. That meant packing all the food we usually eat  into boxes, so I cant get to it to even be tempted! I love the new barn kitchen and apart from the fact there is no water in there and that its a bit breezy sometimes, I quite want to stay in there for ever - but I wouldn't be saying that in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment