Myself and my husband and daughter are taking part in a challenge based in Framlingham, Suffolk, to only eat local food during September 2011. The group promoting the challenge Greener Fram www.greenerfram.co.uk are a local Transition Town group and are looking at ways to reduce our dependence on oil. The rules of the challenge are simple. You must only eat food grown within a 30 mile radius of your home for the 30 days of September. The exceptions to this are 3 items chosen before the challenge starts, one of mine being tea, essential!

Monday 19 September 2011

Rubbish and Recycling

I am amazed at how little waste we have made over the last few weeks. I would say that in a normal week the kitchen bins are filled probably every other day, I reckon we are now filling them maybe once a week, if that. That is a in incredible difference! I hope we can carry on like this after September....

Also I don't think we have wasted much food in the last 3 weeks, a small amount of mouldy bread has gone to the chickens, off milk I have used to make soda bread (on that note Marybelle should do smaller bottles in the Co-op) and the end of a failed stodgy risotto went to the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment